Saturday 25 February 2012

Look And You Will Find....

I love Flickr as a portfolio device but when you actually take time to look through other Flickrites'(?) work you quickly realise that there are some truly great photographs out there in cyberspace.

The shot below is from a Flickr contact, Vincent Gallo, who has done really simple but highly creative combining of shots that had me totally fooled when I first saw it.

Here's Vincent's first shot, done via freelensing:
www.flickr.com/photos/galllo/5561713552/in/set-7215762190...

Here's Vincent's second shot of the Aston:
www.flickr.com/photos/galllo/4735318738/

I love the fact that the car shot on its own is an excellent capture. But the skyline shot use freelancing, a technique I've yet to try and one that looks exciting. I've shot on 5x4" before and loved the tilt and shift elements, but because I don't shoot film these days, I forget that the same effect (schiemflug in principle I suppose) can be achieved on modern gear.

Anyway, hopefully Vincent will get a bit more traffic (and a few more mentions in other blogs) and you'll see more of his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment