Wednesday 1 February 2012

Holiday Time

Les Deux Alpes 1

It's been a busy end to 2011/start to 2012 and what with video editing duties, time off for the festive period, and going on holiday to France, I've not had much time to post new material.
This shot is something I knocked up while on holiday in the French Alps. I'\d intended to do a load of shooting with my pro gear but the lure of time on the slopes with my snowboard was too much so I stuck to taking snaps on the other half's compact. It was actually refreshing doing this, as it gave me a chance just to shoot what I saw as a memory instead of aching over exposure and what-not. It was also surprising how good these little compacts can be at times - this is several images pieced together in Photoshop but the camera did a great job as I panned, giving no difference in exposure with each frame.
It was a great time away and I'm now wishing I could get away for a few days on a photo-specific trip. Maybe it'll happen but in the meantime, I'll just look at shots like this and remember the good times....

No comments:

Post a Comment