Sunday 6 November 2011

Hidden Waters

Because it's fishing, because it's a mate in the film, and because it sums up just what fishing can be all about, I had to share this with you guys.

HIDDEN WATERS by Wychwood Fly-Fishing Tackle Design from Wychwood Game on Vimeo.


I've known Wychwood brand manager Paul Richardson, the 'star' of Hidden Waters for some time now through features I've shot with him for Total FlyFisher magazine. He's a great guy, always up for a laugh and to talk crap with, and when he told me he was heading up the the lakes with the Clockwork Cloud team to film, I knew it would be something special. I just love the camera work (all done on a Canon 5D mk2 apparently) and the sense of solitude that the film conveys. We produce angling videos at work - something I'm learning more about each day - but this is a massive departure from any of the tuition-based films that I've worked on and a step in the right direction for marketing the sport of flyfishing.

I've yet to invest in a DSLR that will shoot video, although I'm not helped by Nikon's slow uptake of HD video functionality in its cameras. Canon really do have this sown up at the moment although I can see it being brilliant across the brands within a few years. Filming adds another dimension to stills shoots and can, in many cases with angling, unveil things that just wouldn't come across in a printed form. I know more and more anglers are embracing the internet here in the UK, and with mobile phones playing a big part in accessing web content, this is something I know will be as important in my work in a short space of time. I just need Nikon to get it's thumb out....

No comments:

Post a Comment