Sunday 6 November 2011

The story so far...

So I've just got into blogging and despite being a journo for more time than I care to remember, I'm a bit stuck for what to say.

Anyway, since I took up photography full-time and stepped away from the writing side of things, it's been a hectic two-and-a-half years of car driving, drinking coffee and deciding which route will get me home on time. I've met hundreds of people, seen thousands of signs for new places, and thankfully, only had a few bad days.

So to kick things off, here are some images that show what I do on a day-to-day basis:

Infinity....

The Hungry Trout

Ripples

The Take

Against The Flow

As you can see, shooting for angling magazines in the UK is my mainstay and is something I love doing.  I've been an angler for as long as I can remember and I suppose I will always be an angler in some form or another, wherever I live.

These are the consumer magazines I shoot for that can be found in places like WH Smith and Tesco:

* Total Coarse Fishing
* Total Carp
* Advanced Carp Fishing
* Match Fishing
* Pole Fishing
* Total FlyFisher
* Total Sea Fishing

As you can see, this is a really varied range of magazines covering all disciplines of fishing in the UK. The great thing for me is I get to see a massive selection of waters that I often get to fish (in between shooting) and that in itself has helped me become a better angler.

I also shoot for three other titles we produce - Tackle & Guns, Tackle Trade World, and Gun Trade World. As you can guess by their titles they are trade publications that don't go out to the general public. To be honest, these three are the ones I do the least amount of shooting for because they are news and review-based magazines so the images are either sent in to accompany the story or stock mages are used. I have done some jobs for them at shooting grounds and trade shows and is something I'm aiming to increase my input into.

If you want to see any more of my work, or just see what I've been getting up to then go to my flickr stream for more of my photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment